Job Analysis and Job Descriptions
The foundation for all human resources-based activities and decisions.
- Provides valuable job-related data that helps managers and employees understand the duties and responsibilities of a specific job, risks and hazards involved in it, skills and abilities required to perform the job and other related info
- Assists in creating the optimal employee – job fit. Job descriptions helps managers understand what type of employee will be suitable to deliver a specific job successfully
- Assists in establishing effective selection procedures by creating, establishing and maintaining effective hiring practices
- Provides a roadmap for performance management/appraisal process: helps managers evaluate the performance of employees by comparing the standard or desired output with delivered or actual output
- Assists in determining training and development need
- Helps in determining compensation package for specific jobs